These are the organisations and people behind the 7th European Aniridia Conference.
Host of the 7th European Aniridia Conference
- improving knowledge about aniridia
- building a supportive community of diagnose carriers, relatives and professionals
- promoting research into the causes, effects, treatment and management of aniridia and related conditions.
- collaborate in spreading proper and correct information on aniridia and the best available treatments
- support and inspire research by creating scientific interest on aniridia and associated illnesses
- connect professionals both at local and international levels
- promote the development of national and international guidelines on aniridia
- encourage people affected by aniridia to create associations in other countries.
- Prof. Neil Lagali, Linköping University (Chair)
- Med. Dr. Branka Samolov MD PhD, St Erik’s Eye Hospital, Stockholm
- Med. Dr. Berit Byström MD PhD, Umeå University
Cooperation, support and sponsors
This conference would not have been possible without the kind and generous support and cooperation of our partners and donors. In addition to this our sponsors have contributed to making it possible for us to balance our finances. We are most grateful to all contributors!
(In alphabetic order)
- Aniridi Norge
- Aniridi Sverige
- Aniridia Europe
- AWS Aniridie-Wagr e.V.
- Center for Rare Diseases, Karolinska University Hospital
- City of Stockholm (Host Reception at City Hall)
- Kronprinsessan Margaretas Arbetsnämnd för synskadade
- Linköping University
- Region Stockholm (Host Reception at City Hall)
- Sigvard och Marianne Bernadottes forskningsstiftelse för barnögonvård
- Synskadades riksförbund
- Synskadades stiftelse
About previous European Aniridia Conferences
The 7th European Aniridia Conference (EAC) is taking place in Stockholm, Sweden, May 31st – June 2nd, 2024. It takes place every two years in a different European city. It is usually organised jointly by the national aniridia association and a prominent health institution.